Saturday, August 29, 2009

Jacob's 8th Week - 12 lbs 13 oz

Jacob has more than doubled his body weight in his first two months! He's about 22" long. He's "thriving" according to the lactation consultant I spoke to a few weeks ago. He's starting to use his hands to grab and hit things such as Manuel's chin and hanging toys in his play gym. He is smiling more frequently after hearing familiar voices, and I think I see dimples! He gave me some kisses the other day, but I must admit he was hungry and looking for milk - it was still sweet : )
Jacob 8 weeks (8/28/09).

Last weekend Jacob had his first road trip to Katy (outside Houston). We added an extra hour of stopping for feeding and diaper changing to the three hour drive, but the car ride went well overall. Jacob met Aunt Julia, cousins Sophia & Maya, and Chris & Carmen, for the first time.
With Uncle Moses, Aunt Gaby, and cousins Maya & Sophia.
With Aunt Julia and Aunt Gaby. I think he's searching for food : )
With Carmen & Chris (3 month countdown to their wedding!)
Jacob shed his first tears on the drive home from Katy.

Jacob had fun with Grandma Maria, but she had to fly back to Michigan on Wednesday. Hopefully the master plan will work out and grandma Maria and grandpa Ruben will move down to San Antonio by next year.
Grandma Maria and daddy giving Jacob a bath.

Thursday afternoon we visited his great grandma Eva, and he said his first 'accuu' about 6 times. His grandma Maria tried for 1.5 weeks to get him to talk, but it didn't work. This time he was full after a meal and in a great mood, plus I think grandma Eva has the magic touch with babies!

Jacob slept 5.5 hours on Thursday, a new record! The typical max has been 3 hours after his midnight feeding, but we put on a bigger and more absorbent diaper and I think it helped. He had also fought naps during the day, so he was extra tired that night.

No comments: