Jacob turned 3 weeks this past Thursday, 7/23. This was my original (40 week) due date. Now he's weighing in at 7 lbs 11 oz, and he's about 20.5" long! As I mentioned before, he is a very good eater. Manuel's mom said Manuel was eating 8 oz at one month old, and this baby seems to be on his way to consuming a similar level.
I'm doing okay myself. Getting more sleep some days that others, but night is the hardest because I am actually sleepy during those feedings, which are every two hours and can last more than one hour, leaving less than an hour for me to 'rest' between feedings! Sometimes 40 minutes of breast milk is not enough and I have to supplement with a few ounces of formula! My foot swelling is finally gone, but I am afraid that my size 7.5 shoes might not fit any longer and I might truly be a size 8 now. I'll have to sit down one day soon and try on all my shoes to confirm. My hand swelling is also gone, but I still have some numbness in the finger tips of my right hand. The doctor said my hand numbness might last 6 weeks, but I hope it goes away soon because it feels odd! Other than that, I'm doing great and enjoying my time home with my new baby.
After taking one week off work, Manuel had to return. He comes home during lunch every day and holds the baby for hours in the evening. He also runs errands, washes dishes, and does as much as he can to help out. He's a very happy and good dad and husband!
Thanks to Jacob's Aunt Socorro and cousin Reyna, who spent the past week with us. They were very helpful with cooking, household chores, and watching over Jacob while Michelle napped during the day.
1 comment:
Good update Michelle!
Hope you are doing well. Glad to hear Manuel is a good dad. maybe we'll keep him around a bit longer. :-)
I kid.
Post a Comment