Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jacob's first words

Jacob is very vocal. He's been saying "pa" for several weeks because his daddy brainwashes him every day at day care during lunch by saying "pa-pa, Jacob, pa-pa, Jacob", over and over. Jacob can say "ma", but when I say "ma-ma, Jacob, ma-ma, Jacob", usually he says "pa". Jacob loves his toys and he really loves playing with balls. I was playing with him this past weekend with a new extra-large plastic ball, and I kept saying "ball". He started saying "ba". When the ball was in another room, he said "ba" so we could go get the ball for him. We have new fun experiences every day!

Jacob's latest interest at day care is touching the hair of his classmates. Sometimes Jacob pursues them around the room, and he sometimes selects his targets. Hopefully he won't be a bully like his daddy was as a child! Jacob is exhausted after a long day of playing:Jacob at 10.5 months old barely fits in his carrier. He's about 27 lbs.

No comments: